So many questions!
- How do people think that sort of thing is okay?
- Even if you thought it was okay, what was the best thing you thought could possibly happen as a result of rubbing a stranger’s bum?
- What was his thought process before and during this bizarre action?
- Why a rub over, say, a pinch or a squeeze? (Not that either of these would have been more acceptable.)
- Was the guy embarrassed? How did he convey this? Did he apologise?
- How did everyone on the train react? Amused? Shocked? Mocking? Ambivalent? Hungry?
- Has the guy now seen the error of his ways, and will he now behave like a reasonable human? I hope so, but I suspect not.
- When will Ms. Manners be receiving her medal for bravery/conviction/sass?
I don’t know how I’ll receive answers to these, but I’m confident that I will.
"I learned that courage was not the absence of fear, but the triumph over it. The brave man is not he who does not feel afraid, but he who conquers that fear."